Sunday, November 3, 2013

Unit Plan Canvas



I enjoyed the site Play and creating the canvas. It’s a great way for educators to plan lessons, share ideas, and receive feedback. This site is very self explanatory and easy to create and design.
To begin my Canvas I wanted to create an original name, “Creating Change One Frame at a Time”, because of the process of creating Claymation and Stop Motion. These processes are made by compiling several frames to create continuous movements of clay figures. I then created the text box with a brief introduction to my unit and I gathered several pictures for my gallery of different Claymation characters and animators. The first video I chose was a Claymation video showing the steps when planning for creating a short Claymation/stop motion film. I added a file that showed a Claymation lesson plan in great detail that can be reviewed for tips and ideas as well as a text box with my CCCS. My Claymation unit I decided would be based on important world issues such as pollution, bullying, drug awareness, Global warming, etc. I created three essential questions to my Canvas and posted several example videos (that show short claymation films of world issues) that correlate and help facilitate my essential questions for the students. I added a quote by Gandhi as an inspirational touch. Several links that I chose will help students with instructions and clarification of different elements such as the history of Claymation, storyboarding, world issue topics, and step-by-step instructions.


My Unit is on Claymation and how to use art to communicate important topics, ideas, and opinions through their artwork. Students will break into groups and choose an issue that is important to them. They will then create a short Claymation/stop motion film to address these issues in a creative final claymation/stop motion film.

My Canvas: Unit Plan Claymation


2 comments:

  1. "My Claymation unit I decided would be based on important world issues such as pollution, bullying, drug awareness, Global warming, etc." The image that you used brought back so many memories. Gumby is the reason why I wanted to do animation. Having the concept of claymation revolve around controversial topic such as bullying is a great way to advocate positively in the classrooms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe that teaching Claymation is a great idea since it requires the use of critical thinking of the students all the way through,
    Starting from the script, the way of organizing it- probably with a comic strip, then selecting or creating the set design, adding its props, and characters.
    When creating the set design, props of characters are a matter of thinking how? with what?
    Making decisions on the perspective of shooting the pictures for stop motion and then editing all the work compiled, adding voice and music. It is overall a very rich lesson.

    ReplyDelete