Saturday, November 16, 2013

Collaboration Canvas


For the Remixed canvas I chose a social studies unit called, "The Changing Ideologies of Race, Culture, and Demographics" to blend with my unit on Claymation.  When creating my remixed canvas I included a spoken word video about discrimination. This video I feel will speak to the students, for its poetic and real language for the present day generations. I hope that this video will help to spark passion, inspire and connect the students to real issues of today. I then provided a variety of example videos to show the broad array of choices students have to convey their chosen message. The links for my content area address how art can be used to make change using an activist agenda. I did not change any of the original content of the social studies canvas, but included links to aid the student’s clarification of the topics of ideology, discrimination, racism, culture, and demographics. These two units work well together by informing students about present day issues and clearing any misconceptions on these topics presented. The social studies unit provides the base information for which the students can then branch off from and exercise their creativity and critical thinking skills, which is demonstrated through the art making process.
Unit Plan Remix Canvas

2 comments:

  1. Using different colors to display the discrimination was a clever concept. Colors will attract the attention of the students. The animation will l contain their attention.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also did Claymation for my playground canvas. I don’t know if you feel the same, but I think the collaboration part made my claymation unit stronger. It was similar to yours, but my topic was anti bullying. Topics like discrimination and anti bullying are in practically every school. They are very personal and important topics that need to be addressed. They are good topics to address in the arts because the projects give them a chance to express themselves and reflect n these topics. Great job!

    ReplyDelete